Chief Operating Officer (COO)
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) will play a vital role in expanding our Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI). This professional should have significant business development and small business and real estate banking experience, with a track record of working with CDFIs. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated professional with knowledge of the resources available to CDFIs, guiding our business expansion strategies, capital solutions, community development activities, and operational growth while supporting our overall mission.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Capital Solutions: This person will lead our capital raising efforts to build on our current business development efforts. They will identify, vet, and develop scalable CDFI capital solutions, innovative programs, partnerships, financial instruments, and grant opportunities that align with our mission. This person should be able to navigate the industry make connections that drive growth efficiently.
- Business Expansion: This person will work with the Senior Management Team to help design and implement business expansion strategies that scale small businesses and affordable housing lending origination and acquisition efforts, real estate banking platforms, and future growth plans. This person will also advise on talent recruitment and organizational development.
- Community Development: This person will work with the leadership team to expand our community development reach through partnerships and other deploying capital methods within our mission to expand our asset base. This person will advise on investment/partnership structures with mission-driven institutions.
- Operations: This person will be the key driver in the operational, compliance, and financial performance of the CDFI and the improvement of its operating performance. This person will be a liaison for the CDFI and advise on accountability, structure, and compliance regarding its goals and strategies.
Desired Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience;
- Experience in commercial & small business banking and or other lending or real estate investment strategies;
- Experience designing and implementing CDFI expansion strategies;
- Experience with business development and capital solutions;
- Experience working with the Federal Home Loan Banks (FHLB) and CDFI Fund;
- Strong communicator and relationship builder and analytical lender;
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree in a related field preferred;
- Proven track record of success within a similar organization with references
Commensurate with experience.
How To Apply
Please send an email with your resume to BCL’s President and CEO, email@example.com