The position of Resource Development Officer plays a leadership role in developing and writing fundraising plans and grant proposals and the development of strategic partnerships to meet Baltimore Community Lending’s (BCL) annual fundraising goals in support of its loan funds, programs, and operations. The Resource Development Officer coordinates with staff to effectively manage the identification and acquisition of new donors, renewal and further development of current funders and on-going funder relations, including reporting and relationship management. The Resource Development Officer works closely with the Marketing and Communications Officer to assist in the creation of marketing and outreach materials and Web and social media site management. During the current COVID protocols, BCL staff report to the office on a hybrid schedule basis.
REPORTING RESPONSIBILITIES/LINES OF AUTHORITY:
The Resource Development Officer reports directly to the Senior Vice President/Chief Operating Officer and collaborates with senior managers, staff, board, and committee members in developing and executing a comprehensive fundraising and relationship management strategy for the organization. This position receives administrative and operating support from two members of the Operations Team.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Strategy and Planning:
- Leads the design and on-going refinement of a comprehensive and effective fundraising plan.
- Oversees the implementation of strategies to solicit new funders, renew, expand current supporters, and manage the donor portfolio.
- Coordinates the involvement of BCL’s management team, board, senior and program staff in all fundraising
Identifies and Secures New Prospects:
- Develops and manages donor-acquisition
- Identifies, cultivates, and solicits new prospects for local, regional, and national programmatic funding.
- Writes and edits requests to targeted
- Collaborates with senior staff and fundraising team members to effectively develop and implement donor-retention
- Researches, writes, and edits requests to current funders including foundations, banks, government, corporations, individual donors, and
Management of Fundraising Communications, Information and Reports:
- Manages/Responsible for the accuracy of fulfilling the reporting requirements of all funders in a timely fashion.
- Manages and oversees Development correspondence including timely responses to requests from funders and other partners for BCL materials and information utilizing effective project tracking
- Interfaces with the other fundraising team to gather information and manage donor profiles of prospects within BCL’s market area.
Marketing and Public Relations:
- Works in collaboration with the Marketing and Communications Officer, senior managers, and fundraising staff to design marketing and outreach materials to increase BCL’s visibility and expand its financial support for its small business and real estate lending, technical assistance activities and operating needs.
- Works with the Marketing and PR Team in the development of a variety of collateral materials including brochures, reports, articles, funder updates, fact sheets, press releases, videos,
- Assists in the creation of BCL’s Annual
Other Development and Leadership Duties:
· As assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- A minimum three to five years of experience in nonprofit fundraising, communications, and external affairs.
- The successful candidate has thorough knowledge and expertise in fundraising, grant writing, and developing donor relationships with banks, foundations, corporations, individuals, and local, state, and federal government agencies.
- Knowledge and experience in team leadership.
- Ability to build strong relationships with funders and donors.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize and implement effective cultivation and solicitation of donors, exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- The successful candidate must be able to synthesize complex concepts and analyze data to form clear and compelling arguments appropriate for various donor/investor audiences.
- Proficient computer skills with the ability to produce quality grant and funding applications that meet deadlines, demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of digital and social media marketing concepts, technology, and software.
- Knowledge of the CDFI lending industry is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Salesforce as a CRM platform is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of the community development field and basic financial concepts is preferred.
EDUCATION AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/ Management or related experience commensurate with education is required for this position. A high level of managerial and leadership skills is needed for this position.
- The candidate should have a high degree of self-motivation, dedication, creativity, strategic thinking, and the ability to work in a flexible team setting. The successful candidate must also be able to collaborate with multiple teams, groups, and individuals both within and outside of the organization and represent BCL in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to pay attention to details, with exceptional time management skills and a personal commitment to the mission/passion work and goals of BCL.
Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications, paid as a salary with benefits. Compensation includes an excellent benefits package:
- Life Insurance (after 90 days) $50,000 limit
- Health Insurance Option including vision and dental, after 30 days
- Paid Vacation (80 hours) after 1 year
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Personal/sick leave (80 hours) after 1 year
- 3 Days paid Bereavement leave for immediate family member.
- 401(k) Plan
- Continuing Education Assistance
- Employer Sponsored Short and Long-Term disability insurance, after 90 days
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information and or questions, please contact:
Clarence J. Snuggs
SVP/Chief Operating Officer
Baltimore Community Lending
875 Hollins Street, Suite 301
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
Equal Opportunity Employers (EOE).
501(c)(3) Non-Profit Certified Community Development Financial Institution