TECHNICAL ASSISTANT OFFICER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and implement a robust Technical Assistance Program based on BBL TA criteria.
- Work directly with marketing to design and administer a link on BCL’s website to streamline the TA process.
- Develop processes and procedures to track TA hours for each applicant, applicant progress, and other relevant information as required from time to time for BBL applicants.
- Develop processes and procedures to schedule and track TA hours per borrower, as well as borrower progress, updated financials, employment data and other relevant information as required from time to time for follow-up TA of BBL borrowers.
- Create a comprehensive TA reporting system and prepare and submit updated reports on a weekly and monthly basis and as required from time to time.
- Identify each client’s TA support needs, based on where it is in the business development cycle and the expertise of the business owner, in order to provide focused TA, including guidance, review and support with the preparation of a Business Plan or update of an existing Business Plans for BBL applicants that include, at a minimum, an Executive Summary, Marketing Plan, Operational Plan and Financial Plan in accordance with BBL’s Minimum TA Requirements (attached hereto, and as amended from time to time) .
- Keep COO, Director of BBL and Loan Officers well informed of status of client development and, at times, serve as liaison between BBL and the applicant/borrower.
- Monitor current TA programming and best practices in the industry and recommend changes or updates to the BBL TA program from time to time to keep BBL’s programming relevant and effective.
- Assist Loan Officers in obtaining all applicant information necessary for the efficient processing, underwriting, closing, and servicing of BBL loans.
- Coordinate, develop, and implement special projects as assigned by the Director of BBL or COO, including, but not limited to, assisting in the preparation of grant applications and capital raising proposals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. At least five (5) years commercial/business banking experience dealing with small to medium size businesses with an emphasis on business lending. Extensive experience may be substituted for educational experience.
- Experience writing and developing Business Plans is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills to direct, develop and implement and engage Loan Program Applicants.
- Excellent organizational skills, with an attention to detail and the ability to work independently.
- Effective time management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to establish rapport with persons of diverse ethnic, racial and cultural backgrounds.
Salary commensurate with level of experience. Excellent benefits package and a professional work environment. Baltimore Community Lending, Inc. (BCL) is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit real estate community development financial institution. BCL is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Interested applicants should email a resume to Bonnie.Crockett@bclending.org