Start your career. Check out our open positions.
The TA Associate will hold a dynamic position on the team providing broad-based support to a rapidly growing Small Business Lending division, primarily for the Small Business Technical Assistance & Training Officers (TA Officers). The TA Associate will report directly to the Director of Small Business Lending and will work with BCL’s TA Officers and the rest of the Small Business team. This is an entry-level position with the potential to grow as BCL expands its Technical Assistance and Training program and opens its Business Development & Resource Center (in 2024). Baltimore Community Lending, Inc. is a certified Community Development Financial Institution §501(c)(3) nonprofit
The primary function of this position is to assist the TA Officers in facilitating training for Small Business owners. This includes: (1) managing the intake and triage of new Small Business clients; (2) managing the scheduling and tracking of post-closing follow-up meetings with Small Business borrowers; and (3) impact data collection, compilation and reporting at various steps of the applicant/borrower experience. When the BCL Business Development & Resource Center opens, the TA Associate will also serve as receptionist for the Center.
The TA Associate position requires a significant amount of customer contact. A drive to assist existing and potential entrepreneurs in their efforts to access capital to achieve financial success and improve the overall economy of Baltimore City is a key requirement. The ability to work with a variety of entrepreneurs at various levels of skill, experience and knowledge is also key. The primary functions of the position are administrative in nature and a successful employee will gain significant professional experience and opportunities to grow in service to Baltimore and its citizens.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the intake and triage of new Small Business clients into the TA program. Determine the level of support the client requires and send to the appropriate TA Officer or Loan Officer, or redirect to outside agencies, in accordance with TA Program Procedures.
- Maintain records of incoming calls, reasons for ineligibility, disposition of inquiries, etc. Track client count and process; refer clients to TA Officers alternately or as their schedules permit. If the TA Associate determines that a client is ready for underwriting, the TA Officer may suggest bypassing further TA and sending the client directly to a Loan Officer.
- Manage post-TA process: Handle scheduling; collect post-closing TA forms; follow-up with clients who are late in submitting follow-up forms.
- Assist TA Officers with compilation of information during the TA process; contacting applicants to collect required information when directed.
- Record each step of the process on Salesforce as required by policy and procedures.
- Answer phone calls and respond to emails in connection with the technical assistance program.
- Assist TA Officers with compilation of information required for SBA Microloan recordkeeping and reporting before, during, and after the loan process.
- Assist TA Officers with organizing and facilitating TA webinars.
- Compile and maintain all requisite reports and other documentation and provide to the Director for approval in a timely fashion prior to submission to the Board of Directors and/or other relevant organizations.
- Act as backup to the Small Business Associate, including, in their absence, answering phone calls and responding to emails and social media posts as the first point of contact for potential customers and others who contact BCL.
- When the BCL Business Development & Resource Center opens, the TA Associate will also serve as receptionist for the Center, managing the Center’s incoming calls and walk-ins.
- Work as a team member, ever conscious of deadline needs, workflow and assignment schedules.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience with small business lending and/or community development lending a plus.
- Must possess ability to work in a fast-paced environment, work independently, maintain a high degree of accuracy, and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to connect and communicate with a variety of people. Must have strong customer service skills and the ability to establish rapport with persons of diverse ethnic, racial, and cultural backgrounds.
- Must have the ability to enter data in a computer with speed and accuracy and exhibit good mathematical aptitude.
- Must be a confident team member, who is not afraid to offer informed solutions when identified issues and challenges relating to loan program implementation arise.
- Effective time management and interpersonal skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with computers including Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, and Power Point.
- Experience with SalesForce a plus.
- Familiarity with Baltimore City and its neighborhoods a plus.
- An AA degree or higher with a Business, Finance, or Accounting concentration preferred. Experience can be substituted for a specific concentration.
Compensation may range from $50,000-$55,000/annually, paid as a salary with benefits, commensurate with experience and qualifications. An excellent benefits package includes 40lk plan with match, health insurance, life and disability insurance, and paid annual leave.
Baltimore Community Lending, Inc., a 501(c)(3) non-profit and certified Community Development Financial Institution, is an Equal Opportunity Employers (EOE).
Please send your resume and cover letter to: [email protected]